Solar radiation is radiant energy emitted by the sun, particularly electromagnetic energy. Basically it means how much sun-light shining down on us.
What is solar radiation?
Solar Geyser relies on warm water rising, a phenomenon known as natural convection, to circulate water through the evacuated glass tube collector and to the tank. Hot water storage tank is located above the absorber evacuated glass tubes. As water in the absorber heats, it becomes lighter and naturally rises into the tank above. Meanwhile, cooler water in the tank flows downwards into the absorber, thus causing circulation throughout the system.
How does Solar Geyser works?
Yes, in sunny days Solar Geyser can bring water to boiling point.
Can the Solar Geyser heat water to a high enough temperature?
Firstly, tubes are very strong and not easily broken, but if the worst should happen, solar tubes can be replaced very easily. They are available though your local Solar Geyser distributor. It is recommended that broken tubes be replaced immediately.
What happens if the Evacuated Glass Tubes are damaged or broken?
Yes, Solar Geyser System is an alternative to gas or electricity boosted geysers in the some areas of Pakistan. Averaged over a year, a correctly sized Solar Geyser System can provide 80% to 100% of a household's hot water needs. . The hot water system can easily be automated with the natural gas boosted or electric geyser so hot water is guaranteed regardless of sunlight levels.
Is Solar Geyser a viable alternative to gas or electricity?
Solar Geysers are much more affordable than many other solar hot water heaters. For a household of 4, the price of a full system may not be too much more than a new electric or gas boosted geysers. Depending on your location (solar levels) and current hot water usage the annual electricity or gas saving will differ. However in a normal household that spends 35% of its electricity bill on hot water heating, the full cost of the purchase may be recouped as quickly as 3-4 years in reduced bills. You will definitely make considerable savings during the life of the Solar Geyser.
How long will it take to recoup my investment?
Yes, Solar Geyser can be used in temperatures as low as -10° C, although performance is reduced in such extreme conditions but Good heat output is still achieved in mild sub-zero conditions as long as there is sunlight.
Can Solar Geyser be use in cold conditions?
Yes. Although the heat output of the solar collector is reduced on overcast days it will still be able to provide heating. If it is a heavily clouded day or raining, then more gas or electric boosting may be required to maintain water at the required temperature. This system will be automated with the existing natural gas boosted geyser or electric geyser, so you don't have to worry about running out of hot water on a rainy day.
Will water be heated on a cloudy day?
No. The Solar Geyser has been tested to minus 10º C and works extremely efficiently in cold climates.
Are Evacuated Glass Tubes affected by frost?
Normally yes. Simple retrofit valves can often be used to allow Solar Geyser to connect to your existing geyser; the hot water system can easily be automated so hot water is guaranteed regardless of sunlight levels.
Can I use Solar Geyser with my existing geyser (Hot water System)?
The range of Solar Geysers meet the rigorous tests set by the relevant industry standards and are made from the high quality components backed by generous warranties. At the end of the day, the quality and reliability of our products and the service we provide as a customer is best demonstrated by our customers. We receive regular praise from customers and have included some of their testimonials on our website (click here for testimonials).
How can I be sure of the quality and performance of your products?
The Solar Geyser System should be fitted by an authorized and registered plumber who will ensure it is positioned correctly.
Who will install the Solar Geyser at my roof?
Under normal circumstances no maintenance of the system is required. Due to the shape of the tubes regular rainfall and wind should keep the tubes clean. Should a tube even be broken it should be replaced. This, however, is an inexpensive and easy job. Any "handy" person can install a new tube.
What maintenance of the Solar Geyser is required?
No. The Solar Geyser's components are all high temperature rated and non-flammable so even during strong sunlight, the system will not catch a light or give off any sparks. The majority of the Solar Geyser's components are stainless steel, aluminum and glass.
Will the Solar Geyser be a fire hazard during hot, dry weather?
Yes. Solar Geyser can be connected in series or parallel to provide large scale hot water production for a commercial setting such as a school, hotel or office building. There is really no limit to the size of the system, however collectors must be installed in banks of no more than 150 tubes (in series), otherwise the water may boil.
Can Solar Geyser be used for a large scale hot water production?
Solar Geyser Collectors are high temperature collectors, and are therefore ideal for spas, as the volume of water is small and temperature requirements high. For swimming pools, however, the volume of water is large and the temperature rise required is only several degrees. The cost of heating a pool using evacuated glass tube collectors (for domestic purposes) may be prohibitively high. For large scale swimming pools, however, Solar Geyser collectors may be an extremely viable supplement to gas or electricity.
Can I heat my swimming pool using a Solar Geyser?
Averaged over a year evacuated glass tube collector have a clear advantage. The key points are:
Are evacuated glass tube collectors more efficient than flat plate collectors?
- Due to the cylindrical shape of the evacuated tube, the solar tubes are able to passively track the sun throughout the day. Flat plate collector only provide peak energy output at midday when the sun is perpendicular to the collector's surface.
- Air is evacuated from the solar evacuated glass tubes to form a vacuum. This greatly reduces conductive and convective heat loss from the interior of the tube. As a result wind and cold temperatures have less effect on the efficiency of the evacuated tube collector.
- Solar Geyser Collectors can often be used in subzero temperatures without the system sustaining damage. Flat plate systems often require expensive and complicated "antifreeze" systems to be installed.
- Evacuated tubes are strong, long lasting, and should one be broken, inexpensive and easy to replace. If a flat plate collector panel is damaged the whole panel must be replaced.
- Due to the high efficiency absorption of solar radiation even during overcast conditions, combined with excellent insulative properties of the solar tube, solar tube collectors can heat water all year round. (backup from gas and electricity is still required).
- Due to the various advantages of evacuated tube collector over flat plate collectors, a smaller collector can be used to provide the same heating performance. For example, a standard household of 4-5 people would usually require a 150-250L water storage tank. Depending on your location, only 30 evacuated tubes would be required to provide all summer hot water needs and a large percentage in other seasons.
- Flat plate solar collectors can produce similar heat output to evacuated tube collectors, but generally only during warm, still, sunny conditions. When averaged over an entire year, evacuated tube collector heat output per net m2 of absorber area, is between 25% to 50% greater that a flat plate collector.
Where can I purchase a Solar Geyser System?
Solar Geysers are available through an official distribution network.
Click here to find your closest distributor.
How long does it take to install my Solar Geyser?
Installation is easy. Because Solar Geyser Systems are lightweight, modular and include comprehensive installation instructions, you can expect an average installation to take 3-8 hours, depending on if you are retrofitting an existing home or new home and how experienced and knowledgeable the plumber is.
Are Solar Geysers expensive?
No. In the long term, a Solar Geyser can save you up to 80% of your household's electricity or gas expenses and over a 20 year period is considerably cheaper than buying a straight electric or gas geyser due to the much lower running costs of a Solar Geyser system.
How many people will the Solar Geyser service?
There are several types and sizes of Solar Geyser Systems available depending on the number of bathrooms and people living in the home. There are systems to suit every home.
How does using solar help the environment?
Using solar and other forms of renewable energy reduces reliance on fossil fuels for energy production, thus directly reducing CO2 emissions. CO2 emissions contribute to global warming, an environmental issue which is now of great concern. The average household can reduce CO2 emissions by as much as 20% by installing a Solar Geyser System.
I still have more question, how do I contact to Solar Geyser? (Click Here